“Eye protection is good, which you don’t get with a face mask,” said Dr. Daniel Morgan, M.D., a professor of epidemiology and public health and infectious disease at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. “Larger face shields may improve beyond that, but a mask should be worn to cover the mouth and nose.”
As the daily debate continues within the experts’ community, the latest findings suggest that face shields in combination with a face mask give complete protection. The face mask, as CDC, recommends for a source control and face shields to prevent eyes and the rest of the face. The best practice and CDC guidelines shows that a face shield that extends below the chin and wraps on the sides of the face is most effective.
Face shields additionally keep the mask away and less prone to more considerable exposure of viral load. As recent studies confirmed, 90% of the direct sneeze or cough could be stopped leaving the mask to work additional 10 % for the ultimate protection.